Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Bob the Builder Award: Being prepared

Can I give a "Bob the Builder Award" to my own church? 

Sure I can!  It is my award (my made up award!)  :)

Actually, the Wall Street Journal last week wrote an article about the church's "welfare system." 
Read about it here:
http://online.wsj.com/article_email/SB10001424052970204792404577227173888056682-lMyQjAxMTAyMDEwNzExNDcyWj.html

If this story interests you, you can read more in depth (although the numbers and some text will be dated) the story of the LDS Church Welfare program in a super great book called "Pure Religion."



James 1:27 King James Version (KJV)
Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

It is a great book, a great story, and great to be a part of this great work.  :)