Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Wouldn't it be nice?

About a month ago, I was at a local cafe.
Yummy soup.  Yummy sea salt chips.

But really what struck me was the nametags.

As you can see, I met Alesha.

Her passions are people and mustangs.
Her other passion is not getting her photograph
taken by a perfect stranger.

I have always been a fan of the nametag,

Ever since I was a little girl, my dad would
address everyone who served us in public by their name.
Thanks to their nametag.
I picked up the habit. 

My kids hate it.

Once I was at a camp with a lots of people
for several days. 
No nametags.  So I made my own
out of duct tape everyday. 

I was wondering what if we all had nametags
we wore around everyday, what would they say?
What if they were kind of like mood rings?

For example:
My name is Happy To See The Sunshine.
My passions today are seeing original
Norman Rockwell paintings and
buying a rock with chinese writing for the garden.

Yesterday:
My name is Cranky.
My passions today include not
strangling someone and trying to
sleep in as long as possible.

Next week:
My name is Unbelievable.
My passions include
watching my daughter graduate from
high school and buying her a car.

I bet we could all get along better if we
wore name tags that were
like mood message conveyors.
Wouldnt' it be nice?