Monday, May 30, 2011

Too many pictures...too little time


My name is Valerie and I have a problem.

Actually, probably several problems if you ask my family. 
Or friends.

But that is a blog for another time.

The problem of today that I would like to discuss
amongst ourselves is the problem that
digital photography has brought into my life.


In the past four days, I think I have
taken about 1,200 pictures.

At least. 

Don't tell Mr. Fun.

Even just now, I just flashed him
my best big brown cow eyed smile to
distract him from the fact I am on the computer.

Again.

And still more again.

Digital photography is a super cheap deal.

That is of course after you buy all the junk that you
need to do it. 

The great downfall for me now personally is that
I cannot stop taking pictures.

I have the camera in the purse. 

I have the big camera. 

I have the bags to haul them around in.

I have some time.

Well, the time thing is actually up for discussion.


I have the same 24 hours as everyone.

I have a family.

I have a houseguest...usually only on the days
that end in a "y" (as my mother would say).

I have several commitments that end up
taking more hours than a full time job.
None of which I am not paid.

I have a green truck that is starting to rust
out from under me.  Fortunately, it
still holds my weight when I stand on the cab
to get that right shot.

Typing that sentence just  now...
I see why the construction workers
call me the "crazy lady" at the temple site.


When most people take pictures, they may sit on the
sim card for days or even weeks.

I take so many at one time that I cannot afford
to leave them on the disk.  I need the space.

I have thousands of pictures from that last two months alone
in dated files.  Pictures that need to be weeded and tossed.
Resized for sending.  Sent to their subjects so they
can have them. 

I have so many that they are starting to slow down the computer.


Isn't she adorable?  From a reception that I was
asked to shoot this weekend.

Was at the temple this morning.  Got this.

This is a picture from the temple last week...
from the same storm that leveled half of Joplin.

I have pictures downloaded I haven't even looked at yet.

Ekk. 

I still have pictures from our British Island trip TWO years ago
that I haven't weeded out.

And we are going to AK in a month! 
For three weeks. 

I can't even venture a guess how many
pictures I will take there.
The thought actually makes me
want to throw up in my mouth a little...

:)

Houston, we have a problem.

Well, I gotta go....
the sun is shining on the leaves in the garden
just the right way and the camera battery is charged.

PS:  Mr. Fun, I can't help it.
"[They] talked fancy to me and I got confused."