Thursday, September 9, 2010

Bob the Builder Award: Warm Fuzzies

I like fuzzy.
Fuzzy socks.  Fuzzy sweaters.  Fuzzy heads.


Urban dictionary says warm fuzzies are: 
The warm, pleasant sensations one feels in the stomach and
heart area when emotionally moved by an act of goodwill or love.

Several months ago, the leader of the LDS Church gave a nice talk about warm fuzzies.  Read it here:
http://lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?hideNav=1&locale=0&sourceId=cae4ad2dbbb94210VgnVCM100000176f620a____&vgnextoid=f318118dd536c010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD

This talk has started a movement.  (so creatively named...) 
The Warm Fuzzies Movement

The bookstore chain owned by the LDS Church
is collecting submissions of random and non-random
acts of kindness....to be added to their
virtual "warm fuzzies" jar.
I don't know why you couldn't add
your acts of service...or service done for you.

Here, I'll start.
This is the service I have heard about just today:
Cleaned cat box
 Vacuuming
Petted animals at a shelter
donated time to the local boys at church
repaired some clothing

See.  Easy peasy.
I wonder if they will post the number of service deeds they get in the next couple months.
I hope so. 

I can't imagine the power of good that can be harnessed.
Makes me smile just to think of about it.

While lots of folks are consumed with how they
can demonstrate how much they hate
other folks religions on Saturday, I like the idea that I have
somewhere to "demonstrate" acts of kindness.

My tummy feels warm and pleasant already.  :)