Friday, September 24, 2010

You can't wrap your mind around it...or your arms


"To the Redwood Forest, to the Gulf Stream Waters...
This land was made for you and me."

I woke up with that song in my brain yesterday morning,
(Mrs. Brockel, my 3rd grade music teacher would be so proud)
here in sunny Sunnyville.  Home of my brother, sweet wife
and of course the happiest baby I have ever seen
(insert sibling jealousy here).

Ok.  The one piece my brother is lacking in his perfect
life is the technology to rebuild...he won't be
making any sort of bionic man here.

My point?  I got this shot off the internet
because it is too complicated to get them off the camera.
For today anyway.

My other point?  Please don't judge the Redwood
Forest based on this photograph.
It is a-maz-ing.
Actually beyond.

I have seen it before.  Juni took me there with the Girl
when she was 18 months...so that was about 17 years ago.

Don't get me wrong.
The company was fabulous. 
But...
It was cold.  Rainy. 
Baby was tired.  Cranky.
And I only had a tiny film camera.
So as you can see, that entire outing
that day was
set up to be only less than perfect.

Yesterday, however was perfecto.

I slept in until I felt like getting up.
We stopped for some gourmet hot cocoa.
We missed the heavy traffic. Both ways.  :)
(good idea to do the instructions the locals give you)
We didn't get lost and accidently got a great
view of the Golden Gate bridge from the base
in Sasilito that we didn't know exsisted
so most tourists don't see.

We had lunch in Muir Woods
(google the images and you will see what I mean)
with some chipmunks and an elderly
woman who didn't get that memo that
tube-top season ended for her about 50 years ago.

Sunshine on my face.  Local fig jam in my tummy.

I was with my mom.

And a digital camera.
What more could a girl ask for?  :)