Thursday, February 24, 2011

Bob the Builder Award: Kelloggs Shares Their Breakfast


I am not a breakfast kind of girl.  I am lactose intolerant (no milk for cereal, no yogurt).  Eggs make me nauseated.  I don't eat bread.  

See, a meal set up for someone.  Someone else that is.

I remember one breakfast that I will never forget.

That face cannot lie--Nirvana

We were in Scotland.  Some sort of greek-like yogurt.  Nuts.  Berries.  And whiskey. Errr, I mean it is NORMALLY served with whiskey but of course I opted out.  Makes me smile right now just to think of it.  I don't know what it was but man, I see why people eat breakfast if they can start out their day this happy.

Some people want to eat breakfast but don't.    They want to be this happy, but can't. 

And they are children.

Did you know that recent studies show that "nearly 1 in 4 kids in America struggles with hunger." 

I love this project that Kellogg's is working on.  It is called "Share Your Breakfast".

If you take a picture of your breakfast and send it to them or send them a text at 21534, they will donate a breakfast for every text or photo that they receive.  Easy peasy!