Friday, August 24, 2012

CVI Day 2: "Chewy Envy"

Steller day today.

20 Slave Leias.  One with a Batman tattoo.  Duh.

I went early with the girl to be her handler (translation:  carry her junk around) while she was with the other troopers so regular folks can get their pictures with her.

I took notes for you, "non geeks" as I learned I was today so you could enjoy the day, too.

In no particular order:
*Everyone went through a weapons check today.  Apparently others thought they should be checking the plastics guns yesterday too.
*A little Darth Vader was told by his mom today when he was by R2D2 that he should have "nice touches" on the robot.
*It is amazing the impromptu photo shoots that go on here.
*When the Slave Leias showed up at the photo shoot, one guy said to his buddy "I must have."
* There was a very "interested" Tuskin Raider.  He had no camera.  Took his helmet off.  Obviously taking pictures with his heart.  Duh.
*Men ran up to see the Leias.  "That is a SWEEET line up.  Delicious!"
*Saw 13 kilters today
*Bigger Boobie Fett today (I don't name them)
*"I had to put my hand in my pee."
*Daniel Logan, the little boy who was Boba Fett:  genuine Mormon!
*Love was in the air at the "Plan your Star Wars wedding" class.
*Miss Australian United Nations, fully in sash and crown, was at the celebration.  ?
*"Mixed fan-dom marriages can work." (translation:  star wars fan/lord of the rings)
*www.whengeekswed.com
*www.thinkgeek.com
*"those people"....(regular non star wars fans) (us)
*I gave away a free dinner coupon to a nerdy man that came to the conference alone.
*"It's raining men" sung by a man in a bowling shirt
*A little happy surprise: hotel shuttle to the center
*"My high heels make me tall and awesome."
*A Chewbacca guy we were with said he had "Chewy envy" because he had left his chewy stilts at home in Wisconsin and the other Chewys had theirs here.  Epic fail.

Pictures:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151161372160042.492850.532120041&type=1&l=bb58993798