Monday, August 24, 2009

Why Uncle Brian will be a Great Dad

Uncle Brian and Aunty Genie are going to have a baby.
My only brother.
I am an Aunt already...13 times.
I am a Great Aunt already...6 times.
But this is feeling all warm fuzzy different.
Uncle Brian will be a great dad because he sits
in the giant clam shell every time the kiddies
come to town. And I quote--
"I am only doing this until you are 21."
Maybe it is because I knew him when
he was this size
...and still had hair. "Red" hair.
He will be a great dad because he knows
how to make really good matchbox car sounds.
He will be a great dad because he doesn't mind
kiddies lounging all over him....

or his Buddah...as it is known.

He will be a great dad because
he has cool work boots.
This is the girl when she was about
two in Uncle Brian's boots.
She now owns her own pair.