Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Georgia on my mind


Missouri when we left--that is frost


Daybreak from the plane


My beautiful traveling companions  :)--see their "guns"? 
"Georgia, Georgia,

The whole day through
Just an old sweet song
Keeps Georgia on my mind

I'm say Georgia
Georgia
A song of you
Comes as sweet and clear
As moonlight through the pines
The pine trees smell sooo nice...when I could smell them.
I got sick enough from a cold/infection that I had
to visit the WalMart doctor...

Other arms reach out to me
Other eyes smile tenderly
Still in peaceful dreams I see
The road leads back to you
For those of you who know this family,
they are still wonderful and beautiful.

Big, fried and yummy.  That is the way to describe
the food in the South.  These are only ONE piece of cake each!
The chocolate slice was bigger than our forearms.

 Moss


a sign from 1943


More modern day cultural "education"
(notice the voice recorder)

Savannah River
(that is South Carolina across the way--wave hello)


But of course


Georgia is lovely for exploring.  This was a stop
on the old stagecoach line.

I said Georgia,

Ooh Georgia, no peace I find
Just an old sweet song
Keeps Georgia on my mind"
Ray Charles