Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Gentlemen (and lady) start your engines....

We Anderson women have cars on our mind.

The Girl has some loud NASCAR thoughts running through her brain.  She has been without for the last several months, and all of that is coming to an end on Valentine's Day.  NASCAR season will begin that day, which obviously the men who scheduled that out are NOT married or are going through some nasty sort of separation with their wives.  Nothing says romantic evening like the phrase "Holy cow, that pit stop was only 11.45 seconds!" 

I, of course, have a car on my brain but it isn't related to the big expensive kind.

It is Pinewood Derby time. Read here for the backstory: 

This year's theme is "The Anderson Back Yard."  Everything you see here the yard really has:
tibetian prayer flags, monks, rocks, and koi.

Of course, the traditional splash of pink in my peace-loving monk.


Here is the wildlife sign on the back and my customary "Jesus is my co-pilot" bumper sticker.

I have to be honest, it is not looking good this year.  Tom has grown tired of being beat by a girl with a pink car so this year he has two battery powered engines he has installed to his car. 
We race tomorrow evening.  I will let you know how it turns out.