Saturday, September 26, 2009

Moldologist

I saw there was a man on tv who called himself a "Ripperologist." What that means that that he feels that he is an expert on the story of Jack the Ripper.

Since most everyone (minus Cheryl tomorrow) I know has turned 40 this year, I guess that makes us "moldologists." We are there. We have arrived. New decade. We are now as old as mold so that must mean we know mold.

It makes me think of those lists in the chick magazines that show famous people and things you don't know about them. So in case you are interested in the workings and pieces of this moldy oldie, here you go. No particular order.

I hate washing silverware, especially forks. Too many sides to look after and clean.
I have had arthritis for 11 years.
I hate pairing socks in the laundry.
I love old musicals.
My kids love them too (not).
I hate for my hands to be dirty. I have a neuotic habit of rubbing them on the sides of my legs to make sure they are clean.
Ice cream makes me nauseated.
I don't read fiction...minus the Da Vinci Code and The Lost Symbol--Dan Brown.
I have never owned eye liner.
Potato chips make my lips swell up like Angelina Jolie.
I have been called "sir" an embarrassing number of times.
I don't know the words to most songs I hear on the radio.
I don't drink pop/soda.
I am a friar.
I don't like to be read out loud to.
I have always called my brother "Son" because that is what I heard him called by my parents when we were kids, so I called him that too.
I have a great idea for a book about green men.
I go to the thrift store when I feel a vibe to go.
I have chanted with the monks.

Here is to all us new moldologists in the world. Thanks to those who have helped us celebrate.
Valsy