Monday, January 19, 2009

I have a couple dreams too

There is more than enough talk of the inauguration and all the festivities. I am just curious if we are in such hard economic times, why are there 11 balls being held in honor of one guy? Maybe it is just me. Seems a little excessive.
There is another thing I have heard a lot about lately: Martin Luther King's Dream.

I was thinking today...no one has asked me about my dreams. No radio has played segments of my thoughts on their airwaves. I thought I would share some of my dreams here. Since you won't hear them on the radio.

Drumroll please: In Honor of MLK Day and reaching our dreams....

I dream of the day I stand with the Masaai in their village, them sporting my left over RYLA t-shirts I will bring from Missouri. I dream of the day my daughter can wash her own hair consistently (although I will miss our bonding talk time). I dream of the day the Boy will live without heat flashes, stomach stabbing, or vomit bowls by the bed or couch. I dream of the day that Matt actually gets all the recognition he deserves for his labor at Cerner. I dream of the day my brother has a little baby I can snuggle and send home. I dream of the day I grow my hair down to my waist (ok, that is a lie. I am just seeing who is paying attention). I dream of the day when I see people I miss. I dream of the day that Tallant makes up with his son and they drive their hot rods together in peace and harmony (albeit noisily). I dream of the day that Becky's mother is ok with the loss of her leg. I dream of the day that the oncologist says "It is a miracle, Tom. The cancer is gone." I dream of the day that Sheri is at peace with her hair. I dream of the day I can drive again. I dream of the day the children of Africa are no longer afraid. I dream of the day I win the Noble Peace Prize. I dream of the day that the Boy will actually pick all his junk up and I won't have to ask him ever again. I dream of the day I take a photograph that is so beautiful that it makes me cry. I dream of the day I find out where the Poppers come from in Bohemia. I dream of the day people like the nuns will have enough to run their food bank. I dream of the day I touch the Atlantic Ocean.