Sunday, January 11, 2009

What I would have given to have a digital camera back then...

I've got it. And it is bad. I want to travel so bad that I feel like someone better staple my feet (size 9 1/2s with hairy toes) to the floor. I have always liked that line in "The Little Mermaid" when the crab says, "Somebody's got to nail that girl's flipper to the floor." That is me.
Between preparing for the China presentation at school, and the trip to the British Isles this summer, I can hardly wait for time to pass by. Here I am in the Forbidden City. And yes, for those who really know me, I do have a watch on. When I travel, it is the only time I wear one. This young man is standing on bamboo that has been strung together to create a boat. The grass underneath the stick is really floating with him on his "boat."

The chinese have no problem with conformity. Especially the older people.

These little girls were so precious. The chinese were the nicest people I have ever met.

The Fairy Mountains
The Great Wall
Val joins ranks with the TerraCotta Warriors at the factory
A kite on the city wall