Monday, February 23, 2009

Wanna take a field trip? Let's go to Kansas


Now that I can drive, the All-Powerful Green Truck has come
out of its year long restful sabbatical. The truck and I took a
field trip to Kansas to the furniture store. For those of you
have had the privilege to ride in it, it is
still as smooth and divine. It got the old stereo out of
the Camaro so it actually can play some
serious tunes along the way.

I cannot get enough of these old barns scattered all over the place. :)

A view from the Motherland--Kansas NASCAR Speedway. There is
going to be ONE very happy young woman sitting somewhere
over there come October. :)

"Oh Shenandoah,
I long to hear you,
Away you rolling river,
Oh Shenandoah,
I long to hear you,
Away, I'm bound away
'Cross the wide Missouri. "

When I was a little girl, we would sing this "Oh Shenadoah"
folk song all the time under the direction of
Mrs. Brocal (or Broccoli as we called her), the scariest
music teacher EVER,and Mr. Lindman, the skinniest
music teacher ever.
I used to always wonder where Missouri was and
how wide was the "wide Missouri."
Now I have the answers. :)
A girl likes answers.
See that "The Show Me State" slogan? They really take it
seriously here. As lovely as Kansas is, I am always happy
to come home to Missouri
(and please note: Kansas and Missouri are separate states)